Search This Blog

10 October 2013

Rest in Peace Scott Carpenter

Sorry I've been away folks, the job has been crazy and I have a LOT of downed tree branches from the big snow storm last weekend.  

When I was in High School, our marching band played the theme from a movie called The Right Stuff.  Naturally it led me to want to see the movie and from that moment I was hooked.  I absolutely loved the story of the Mercury Astronauts.  They were an amazing group of men and truly worth admiration.

Today there is only of the Mercury 7 left, former Senator John Glenn.  It saddens me because, like the heroic veterans who save the world from Nazi Germany in World War II, these great men are leaving us one by one.  

The following story by Nancy Atkinson at Universe Today is a fitting tribute to the second man to orbit the Earth.

Mercury Astronaut Scott Carpenter Dies

Astronauts Carpenter & Glenn pose in front of a Mercury Spacecraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment